- Counsel and instruct patients and their families in techniques to improve hearing and communication related to hearing loss.
- Participate in conferences or training to update or share knowledge of new hearing or balance disorder treatment methods or technologies.
- Engage in marketing activities, such as developing marketing plans, to promote business for private practices.
- Recommend assistive devices according to patients’ needs or nature of impairments.
- Fit, dispense, and repair assistive devices, such as hearing aids.
- Provide information to the public on hearing or balance topics.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as managing office functions and finances.
- Performed standard diagnostic audiologic evaluations and immitance testing on a varied patient population including pediatrics, special needs, adults and geriatics.
- Performed newborn hearing screening using TEOAEs and coordinated follow up procedures for infants born at NMCSD.
- Dispensed a variety of digital hearing aids to active duty military and retirees.
- Coordinated and performed audiology testing for clinical trial of implantable hearing aid device.
- Represented audiology department on craniofacial team and coordinated required follow up care.
- Performed ABR testing on both pediatrics and adult populations in both natural sleep and sedated conditions.
- Performed standard diagnostic audiologic evaluation and immitance testing on a varied patient population, including pediatrics, special needs, adults and geriatrics.
- Performed Auditory Brainstem Response testing (threshold and neurologic) in sedated and natural sleep on adult and pediatric population.
- Performed ECOG, OVEMP, and CVEMP testing, interpreted results and communicated results to referring otologists.
- Participated in education incoming ENT residents by presenting audiology related seminars.
- Provided tinnitus assessments and treatment using the VA program of Progressive Tinnitus Management.
- Clinical investigator on Tinnitus Retraining Therapy Research Study funded by NIH and University of Alabama.
- Performed duties of Audiology Division Head in her absence.
- Performed standard audiologic evaluations and immitance testing in a private practice office.
- Dispensed, repaired and maintained a variety of hearing aids.
- Responsible for fulfilling contractual audiology position at a local hospital and ENT private practice.
- Performed cerumen management on a varied patient population.
- Responsible for ordering all audiologic supplies.
- Assisted in composting articles for quarterly newletter.
- Performed standard audiologic evaluations and immittance testing on Early Childhood Special Education students, older students with special needs and students with hearing impairment.
- Managed Audiology Assessment Center including performing all evaluations, managing schedules and creating procedures to organize referrals and results.
- Performed assessments, completed professional reports, attended IEP meetings, and managed FM equipment on students referred for CAPD evaluations.
- Represented Audiology at Related and Specialized Services meetings.
- Coordinate calibration of all diagnostic equipment for the Audiology Department.
- Supervised 3rd year Audiology Students from SDSU.