- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances phlebotomy department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Supervised and trained associates in the administrative office and phlebotomy pool
- Established staff schedules and assignments based on patient census
- Entered data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer
- Responsible for bi-weekly entry of time and attendance for all laboratory associates
- Responsible for maintenance of the laboratory charge master
- Collaboration with nursing and other ancillary personnel to ensure exceptional patient experiences
- Monitored quality assurance reports to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results
phlebotomy/ lab assistant training
- Verifying patient information
- Labeling specimens vials
- Submitting specimens for further processing or testing
- Matching laboratory requistion forms to specimen tubes
- Disposing of contaminated needles in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies
- Organizing or clean blood- drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile adn all needles, syringes, or related items are of first time use
- Preforming correct blood draw procedures