- Maintain records of all prescriptions dispensed, prescription medicines supplied, narcotics and controlled drugs.
- Accept prescriptions of regulated drugs for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Verifies the safety and appropriateness of the prescription order and checks the patient medication record before dispensing the prescription.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- Ensures that the quantities of medication are dispensed accurately, and decides whether the medication should be handed to the patient.
- Clarify the patient’s understanding of the intended dosage regimen and method of administration, and advises the patient of drug-related precautions.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed medications and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage regimen and proper
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, registries of poisons, narcotics, or controlled drugs and their storage.
- Compound and dispense medications such as paper tablets as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.