- Works with both students and teachers to facilitate access to information in a wide variety of formats, instruct students and teachers on how to acquire, evaluate, and use information and the technology needed in this process.
- Develop, promote, and implement programs that will help prepare students to be effective users of ideas, information, and lifelong learners.
- Develop and maintain databases that provide information for library users.
- Develop library policies and procedures.
- Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
- Confer with colleagues, faculty, and community members and organizations to conduct informational programs, make collection decisions, and determine library services to offer.
- Engage in professional development activities, such as taking continuing education classes and attending or participating in conferences, workshops, professional meetings, and associations.
- Handles Book Lovers Club.
- Supervise daily library operations, budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
- Represent the library or institution on internal and external committees.
- Write proposals for research or project grants.