swim instructor/marketing team member/customer service
- Welcoming personality with advanced leadership and team collaboration skills
- Instruct and lead students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress
- Collaborate as a team to create ideas to market for the organization
- Able to resolve conflict that results in the most satisfaction with people involved
- Instructed swimming lessons for children and adults of all ages in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans.
- Maintained an equally fun and safe pool environment providing leadership and motivation to students.
- Built effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; Helped them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Maintained records of progress reports and attendance.
- Teach swim lessons to children under the age of 8.
- Care for children while swimming.
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own safety and those around them.
- Place or hoist children into pools.
- Swim lessons from ages 3 months to 15 years
- Opening and closing responsibilities
- Lesson design
- Signing children up for the appropriate level of swim lesson
- Pool maintenance
- Lifeguard at weekend pool parties
- Make sure no one is running on pool deck
- Pool supplies such as toys, floaties, etc. are back in the shed they belong in
- Teaching kids how to swim
- Notifying parents of their kids’ improvements and what they struggle with in the class
- Ensuring every kid is at the class
- Making sure every kid in the water is safe and staying safe